Saturday, July 11, 2009

Why I go so long between posts:

I generally feel that things ought to be reviewed and edited before published. I am much more comfortable with my writing after letting it stew for a bit. I regurgitate the words in a fairly random order and then leave them to settle into the page. Then I come back and reorder those words, cut some out, add some, etc. Unfortunately, I rarely reach the point where I actually publish what I write. Sometimes it’s as simple as when I go back to what I’ve written, I’m not in the same headspace and no longer have the same passion for that idea. Other times I let my mind get in the way and convince me that what I’ve written is uninteresting.

What I’m working up to saying: I want to use my blog as practice publishing. Rather than saving my regurgitated words on my hard drive I’ll try to save (some) on here. I can always return to those words and rework them after they’ve been published. We’ll see how well that works, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment