Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to School

My Autumnal Resolution.

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions. January feels so similar to December. Autumn has always been my favorite season. There's something about the smell of leaves the quality of the air & cool breezes. It's back to school. This year, I'm back to a full campus & a full schedule. I'm enjoying being surrounded by activity. I enjoy having a list of things to accomplish & even more I enjoy accomplishing them & scratching them off the list. As long as I keep thinking about those things I want to accomplish as future events, they loom large in my mind; they grow ever larger, darker, & twisted like a hedge maze out of a Gothic novel. When they are immediate things, tasks that can be broken up or accomplished in full within a few hours or a couple days, they remain bright & shiny beacons; the more I scratch off the list, the lighter I feel.

Here's to a semester--a year (two semesters)--full of bright & shiny beacons.

No comments:

Post a Comment